I am very happy to post my 50th recipe in my blog. So I am interested to post a famous sweet recipe Ladoo 😍😍. And I did this with my mom in Chennai, So that I feel very glad to share with you my 50th post. Ladoo is a very easy sweet to make. But only thing is we need to follow some techniques. That is not a tricky techniques and its quite easy to follow. It yield more ladoos for minimum quantity of the ingredients. Do try this recipe in your home and give them to your loved ones.
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup (for making besan flour batter. Amount of water depends upon the quality of the flour.)
- water – 3/4 cup (for making sugar syrup)
- Saffron – 1 lavish pinch
- Milk – 1/4 cup (preferrably warm in temperature)
- Ghee – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Cashew nut – 10 pieces
- Raisin – 10 pieces
- Oil – to fry
1. Take besan flour, rice flour and baking soda together.
2. Sieve the besan flour mixture properly to get the fine flour.
3. Now take that besan flour mixture in a bowl and add 3/4 cup of water to it. Mix it properly to get smooth batter.
4. To check the correct texture of the batter, take a spoon full of the batter, pour it over the perforated ladle (jalli karandi. Long handed ladle which has holes in it. If you have proper ladoo ladle you can use it). Spread it with the spoon. The batter should fall down from the holes as smooth drops. This is the correct texture.Now keep your batter and start preparing sugar syrup.
5. Take sugar in a container add water to it. Let it boil in the stove top to get the one string consistency. And in meanwhile, we will soak saffron strings in warm milk. This is the natural food colour we are using for the ladoo. Let the saffron strings soak in the milk for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Now heat a teaspoon of ghee in a kadai. Fry cashews and raisins. Keep it aside.
7. Add the saffron soaked milk to the sugar syrup. Take note that the sugar syrup must be hot. So that, boondhi will easily absorb the sugar syrup. If it is not hot, once again heat it in stove top.
8. Heat oil in a kadai to the right temperature to fry boondhi. Take a ladle full of the batter and pour over the perforated ladle. Spread and press the batter in the ladle. Now the batter will fall like drops into the oil.
9. Remove boondhi from the oil once it stops sizzling. It should not get fried to the crispy texture because the boondhi will not absorb the sugar syrup properly if it gets fried fully.
10. Drop the boondhi in the sugar syrup. Continue this process until your batter gets over.
11. Add the fried cashews and raisins. 1 teaspoon ghee to it. If you are interested you can add crushed cardamom and 2 pieces clove. I did not add them in my recipe.
12. Mix it well and press it gently for few times with a spoon or ladle. So that it will be easy to make balls. Let the temperature of the boondi cools down slightly.
13. Now when the temperature of the boondhi becomes managable, take some amount of boondhi in your hand and start rolling it to make ladoo. Should take note that, you cannot roll ladoo, when boondhi temperature cools down completely. Now Our ladoo is done.
Enjoy your homemade ladooooo.