Mysore mutton is a very tasty dish, which we used to buy in restaurants in singapore (especially in Muthu’s curry and Banana leaf apollo). I want to try this mysore mutton in my home. Because the only mutton dish my son likes is this mysore mutton. So I tried this dish in my home after googling a lot. And it turned out very well. So I am very much interested to post this recipe in my blog. This is easy to make & tastes good. Try this in your home too 😊😍.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 2 (big in size)
- Tomato – 1 (big in size)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Fennel powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Home made kuzhambhu milagai thool (curry chili powder) – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup (200 ml)
- Oil – 6 to 7 tablespoon (I used coconut oil. You can use your choice of oil)
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs
- Cashew nut (optional) – 10 to 12 nos (break into small pieces)
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece(2 nos)
- Star anise – 1 piece
- Bay leaf – 1 or 2 leaves
- Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek – 1/4 teaspoon
1. Add cleaned mutton to the pressure cooker. I generally clean, marinate the mutton in turmeric powder and store it in the freezer. So I used the turmeric marinated mutton.
2. Add chopped onion & roughly cut tomatoes.
3. Add ginger garlic paste.
4. Add fennel powder, cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Add water to it.
6. Mix it well. Now allow this mutton mixture to pressure cook for 20 to 25 minutes (cooking time may differ) in simmer flame. I will cook for 25 minutes, as the mutton i get here would take that much time to cook.
7. Open the pressure cooker 5 to 10 minutes after, you switch off the flame.
8. Now heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, star anise, bay leaf, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds.
9. After it gets fried add the preboiled mutton to it.
10. Cook until it starts to leave oil. Stir carefully as the mutton should not break into pieces and not to get over cooked. Now add curry leaves, coriander leaves, and cashew nut to it.
11. Wait until it becomes dry and the masala gets coated to it.
Delicious Mysore mutton is ready 😍😍.