Beetroot Halwa is one of my favorite sweet. When ever I prepare this beetroot halwa in my home, it reminds me of my childhood days in my paternal grandma’s home 😍😍. Beetroot has lot of nutritive values in it. It is rich in Iron, vitamin c, potassium, folate. It helps in the prevention of cancer. It boosts the immune system. And more over this is the favorite sweet of my daughter & hubby too. It is pretty easy to make. Only tedious part is, the grating of beetroot. So I will make my daughter to grate beetroot & I will cook it easily 😉. You too try this beetroot halwa in your home and enjoy 😊.
- Beetroot – 3/4 kg (skin peeled & grated)
- Milk – 1 1/2 cup (225 gm)
- Sugar – 2 cups (300 gm) (adjust sugar according to your taste)
- Ghee – 4 tablespoons
- Cashewnut – 10 pieces (break into small pieces)
1. Add the grated beetroot to a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add milk to it.
3. Allow it to cook well by covering with lid. It would take 10 to 15 minutes to get cooked.
4. When it is fully cooked and the milk in it starts to thicken, add sugar to it.
5. Mix it well and it becomes watery in consistency once again.
6. Allow it to become thick in consistency and it starts to change into dark maroon colour.
7. Add ghee & cashew nut to it at this stage. let it cook for 2 minutes or until it cooks to the halwa consistency.
Our yummyyyyy wonderful beetroot halwa is ready 😍👍.