Multi grain dosa is the combination of Ragi (kezhvaragu), Pearl millet (kambu), Broken wheat (samba godhumai), Raw rice (I use raw rice flour here) and Urad dhal (ulundhu). you can use the grains of your choice and urad dhal is must. But this combination turns out well for me so many times. Instead of raw rice you can use oats also. But the only thing is you need to eat it hot. you can have this dosa with any veg or non veg curry. Try this dosa for your loved ones and enjoy.
I used whole grains to get its full nutrients.
- Ragi – 1 cup
- Pearl millet – 1 cup
- Broken wheat – 1 cup
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Urad dhal – 1 cup
- Butter – 2 teaspoons
- Oil – to cook
- Soak ragi, pearl millet, broken wheat in a container.
- Soak urad dhal in another container seperately. Let the grains and urad dhal soak for minimum 2 hrs.
3. After 2 hrs grind the multi grains seperately in a mixer grinder. Transfer it to a container. It must be in dosa batter consistency.
4.Then grind urad dhal seperately by adding very little water to it until you get smooth and soft batter. Transfer it to the container having grinded multi grain batter.
5. Now mix it well. I added raw rice flour at this stage as I use only flour. Add salt to it. Mix them well. Let it rest for 2 hrs. After 2 hrs it is ready to use. Add 2 teaspoons of melted butter to it. This is to get nice aroma and taste, when dosa is cooked. And your dosas will be soft and crispy in texture.
6. Heat the dosa pan and grease it. Pour one ladle of the batter and spread it as big as possible.
7. Add oil to cook and spread it all over the dosa. So that the dosa will be evenly cooked.
8. Let it cook until it gets golden brown colour at the bottom of the dosa. This indicates that the dosa is cooked perfectly.
9. Remove it off from the pan and serve it hot.
Our healthy nutritious Multi grain dosa is ready.