Kothamalli thuvaiyal is a very tasty and healthy chutney served for rice, all types of Biriyanis, Idli, Dosa and even for chapathi too. Coriander leaf is a very good source of dietery fibre. It has abundance of vitamin c, vitamin k and protein. It also has manganese ,iron, magnesium and trace of calcium ,phosphorous, potassium, etc.This wonderful nutrient rich coriander leaf is used in this chutney. This chutney is very easy to make. Do try this and feel healthy.
- Coriander leaves – 150 gm
- Curry leaves (karuvepilai) – 3 sprigs (optional)
- Onion – 1 (cut roughly)
- Tomato – 1 (cut roughly)
- Green chilies – 4 numbers (equal to 2 Indian green chilies)
- Garlic – 6 pods
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Tamarind – 1 small marble size
1. Heat your pan. Add 3 teaspoon of oil. If you want, temper it with little mustard seeds and urad dhal. But I did not use tempering here.
2. Once oil gets heated add Onions, Green chilies, Ginger, Garlic, Tamarind and Curry leaves.
3. Saute all these items for roughly 2 minutes. Add Tomatoes and 5 minutes later Coriander leaves.
4. Saute them and add 1/4 cup water to it. Close the pan with a lid. Let them cook until it becomes soft, mushy and very little saucy in consistency. So that it will be easy to grind.
5. Keep it aside to cool. Then grind it to fine paste. Add salt while grinding it.
Tasty and easy Kothamalli Thuvaiyal is ready to be served 🙂