Pachamilagai kari is a favourite dish for my daughter & hubby 😍. This is my granny’s recipe. She cooks this mutton dish only using kadai. But inorder to save time I use pressure cooker. This is very simple to cook and very less ingredrients needed for it. But it tastes really excellent 👌👌. The flavor of chili and mutton gives an unique taste to this dish. This can be served with white rice and all types of variety rice. If you want for white rice you can add little more oil to it. Try it 😊.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Green chili – 8 to 9 nos (adjust according to your taste.)
- Cumin seeds – 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoon (dry roasted & grinded to fine powder)
- Oil – 3 to 4 tablespoon (preferrably sesame oil or coconut oil)
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 3/4 cup
1. Heat oil in pressure pan.
2. Add green chili and fry it well. Can fry for 1 to 2 minutes. This helps to subside the spiciness and promote good flavor.
3. Add mutton to it. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add turmeric powder and salt.
5. Add water to it. Close the pressure pan and pressure cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Switch off the stove.
6. Open the pressure pan after 10 minutes.
7. Switch on the stove and add the powdered cumin seeds, fresh coriander leaves to it.
8. Let it cook in simmer flame, until it becomes saucy or until dry in texture.
Pachamilagai kari is ready 😊🖒