- Cauliflower – 1 medium size flower (cut into small pieces)
- Garlic – 4 to 5 pods (crushed or dinched)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon (Home made kuzhambhu milagai thool (curry chili powder)
- Pepper powder – 3/4 to 1 teaspoon (adjust according to your taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and urad dhall. Wait until mustard seeds crackles and urad dhall turns reddish.
2. Add crushed garlic to it.
3. Add the cauliflower to it. Stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add salt, pepper powder, chili powder and turmeric powder to it. Saute for 1 minute.
5. Add very little water to it. Because cauliflower will get cook fast.
6. Close the kadai with a lid in low flame. Cook until cauliflower is done.
Cauliflower poriyal is ready. This can be served with sambar sadham, rasam sadham, thair sadham. It can be stuffed in chappathi, Dosa, bread, etc. Try it 🖒