Vengaya chutney is a very tastier chutney. No coconut added to it. With the basic ingredients in home we can make this chutney in few minutes. This is the best combination for Dosa and Idli.Try it.
- Onion – 3 nos (big. Cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 2 nos (big. Cut into cubes)
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Dry red chilli – 5 to 6 nos
- Tamarind – small marble sized ball
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onion to it.
2. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Add ginger, garlic, tamarind, dry red chilli. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add in tomatoes and salt.
5. Cover it with lid. Cook until the tomatoes become soft and mushy. Switch off the stove and let it cool down. Grind the mixture to a fine paste without adding water.
7. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and urad dhal.
8. Add the grinded paste to it. Mix well.
9. Transfer it to a bowl and vengaya chutney is ready.