Kuzhipaniyaram is the famous dish prepared in chettinad area. It has both the sweet & spicy version. Here I did kara kuzhipaniyaram in dosa batter with tempering added to it. You can add egg 🍳 or remaining chicken 🍗 or fish scrambled 🐟 into the batter and cook, Which gives different taste. This can be served with sambar,onion chutney, ketchup or with any sauce you like.
- Dosa batter – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper corns – 10 nos (can use crushed also)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1. Take 1 cup of dosa batter in a bowl and keep it aside. Now heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan . Add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add urad dal, pepper, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Fry until it gets roasted.
2. Add the tempering to the dosa batter and mix well.
3. Heat the kuzhipaniyarakal and add 1/4 teaspoon of oil to each dent.
4. Fill the dents with the batter. Fill 3/4 of the dent to avoid over flowing.
5. Add some oil roughly over the batter in paniyarakal and close it with a lid to cook for 2 to 3 min.
6. After 3 minutes open the lid and turn over the paniyaram to the other side. Add some oil roughly over it.
7. Allow them to cook for 3 minutes. Then remove the kuzhipaniyaram from the paniyarakal. Repeat the process until your batter gets over and serve it hot 😊👍