Fruit kesari is a famous sweet served in most south Indian marriages 💑. Kesari served in marriages taste really excellent 😍😍. Most people of south India love kesari (I am one among them 😍😉), which is the easiest & tastiest sweet. It can be made in no time. Here I used apple and grapes 🍎🍇. If you wish, you can add pineapple, pear too 🍍🍐. Only one golden rule to be followed to get the perfect kesari is, you should stir continuously from the stage of adding rava till the end of the cooking process. Try and you will damn sure love it 😊😊👍
- Rava or semolina – 1 cup (150 gm)
- Sugar – 1 cup (150 gm)
- Full cream condensed milk – 2 tablespoon
- Ghee – 6 tablespoon (30 ml)
- Oil – 3 teaspoon (15 ml)
- Cahew nut – 7 to 8 nos (broken into pieces)
- Raisins – 10 to 12 nos
- Apple – 1/2 (skin peeled and cut into bites)
- Grapes – 6 nos (cut into bites)
- Kesari powder (orange color) – 1 pinch
- Pineapple essence – 1 teaspoon (gives nice aroma to kesari)
- Water – 3 cups (450 gm)
1. Heat 4 tablespoon of ghee and 3 teaspoon of oil (mixing of oil to ghee will keep the kesari soft and will not thicken when it cools down). Add cashew and fry until it turns golden brown color.
2. Add raisins and fry it.
3. Add apple and grapes to it. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add water to the fried fruit mixture.
5. Add Kesari powder or any food colour of your choice. Add pineapple essence to it (adding of essence is optional. And you can add whatever fruit flavor you like)
6. When water starts to boil add rava little by little (in order to avoid lumps formation). One thing to be noted here is while adding rava you need to stir it brisk with ladle. Should not stop stirring until you switch off the stove. If not you will get lumps in the kesari.
7. When you finished adding rava and it starts to thicken, add sugar to it. After adding sugar the mixture becomes thin in consistency. Stir until it thickens.
8. Now add 2 tablespoon of condensed milk to it. Which gives rich texture and taste to the kesari. Stir it continuosly.
9. Finally when it starts to thicken add the remaining 2 tablespoon of ghee and stir it. Now you can see the fruit kesari starts to leave the sides of the pan or kadai. This is the time to switch off the flame.
Wonderful Fruit kesari is ready. 😍😍😍