Mango float cake is a kids favorite recipe. It can be made by kids also. This is a Filipino recipe and it is originally made with graham crackers. Graham crackers is one of the famous cracker, available in US, but very rarely available in Asia. I googled and also found that in Asia, its available in the name of Mc Digestives. You can use whatever biscuit you like. I used Britannia 50 50 biscuit which suits more or less, to the taste of graham crackers. Try and your kids definitely love it 😍😍
The quantity of the ingredients vary,depending upon the size of the rectangle container using for the cake.
- Britannia 50 50 biscuit – 2 pack (any biscuit or cracker of your choice)
- All purpose cream – 1 can (200ml) (you can use normal cream also)
- Full cream condensed milk – 1/2 tin (200ml)
- Mango (thinly sliced) – 2 (I used banganapalli)
- One rectangle shaped container
- Crumbled biscuits – 1 to 2 table spoon
- Mix all purpose cream and condensed milk in a bowl and keep it aside. Take a rectangle container and start to place the crackers. Fill all the other places with crumbled biscuits.
2. Add the mixture of all purpose cream and full cream condensed milk. The mixture should completely cover the biscuits.
3. Arrange the mango slices over the cream mixture.
4. Arrange the biscuits over the mango slices.
5. Add the cream and condensed milk mixture over the second layer of biscuits. And arrange mango slices over it.
6. Repeat this process, until you reach full container. You can sprinkle, some crumbled biscuits if you wish. Then refrigerate the mango cake, for minimum 4 hours or overnight.
7. After the cake is completely set, cut into slices and serve.