Milagai kuzhambhu is a very famous dish in my native. It mostly goes in substitute for pickle. Here I am using capsicum. But originally they will prepare with Green chilies. It will not be too spicy because tamarind juice will absorb its spiciness. This milagai kuzhambhu is a good combination for curd rice, sambar sadham, rasam sadham, etc. Its also very easy to cook. Try and enjoy 🙂
- Capsicum – 2 (big)
- Onion – 1 (medium)
- Green chili – 2 to 3 numbers (big)
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Tamarind – lemon sized ball (soak in 1 cup of water for minimum 30 minutes and extract the juice.)
- Chili powder (Home made kuzhambhu milagai thool (curry chili powder) – 3 tea spoon (adjust as per your requirement)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 4 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Add mustard seeds. Wait until it crackle. Add Urad dhall and wait until it become light reddish color.
2. Add curry leaves. Wait until it fries.
3. Add onion and green chilies. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Add capsicum and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add Chili powder, turmeric powder, salt to it. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the extracted tamarind juice.
7. Close your pan with lid. Let it cook until oil separates.
Milagai Chutney is now ready. Enjoy with your meal 🙂