Potato masala is a very easy recipe. This is the side dish served in south Indian marriages (any functions) for veggie meals. you can make with the basic ingredients in home. It goes well with white rice,curd rice,rasam sadham,sambar sadham. You can stuff this masala in Dosa, Chapatti, as Chapatti roll, Bread. You can slit buns into two and toast them in butter. Fill the potato masala on top of the toasted bun with raw onions. It tastes yummyyy…which is my daughter’s favorite. Try it ☺
- Potato (boiled,skin peeled,and cut into cubes) – 5 numbers (medium size)
- Tomatoes – 2 to 3 numbers (depends upon the size)
- Onion -1 (medium size)
- Garlic (paste) – 8 to 9 pods
- Chili powder (Home made kuzhambhu milagai thool (curry chili powder) – 2 to 2 1/2 tea spoon (depends upon your requirement)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 5 table spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dhall – 1 teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a kadai or wok. Add mustard seeds. Wait until it crackles. Add urad dhall. Wait until urad dhall becomes light reddish color.
2. Add onion. Fry for 1 minute.
3. Add garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add salt,chili powder and turmeric powder.
6. Mix well and cook them until tomatoes get smashed.
7. Add 1/2 cup of water (until the masala gets covered). When water starts to boil, add boiled potatoes to it.
8.Cook until oil separates and looks like masala.
Potato masala is ready.
Enjoy with your favorite main course 🙂