This kozhikari vadhakal is my favorite 😍. My mom used to cook this chicken. This is a semi gravy type dish. You can have this for white rice, rasam sadham and sambar sadham. Its a very easy recipe. Can call it as bachelors recipe too. You can cook this dish, with the basic ingredients you have at home. Vegetarians can try with mock mutton or chicken. Try it and enjoy 😊.
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Onion – 2 (medium size)
- Garlic – 6 to 7 pods (crushed)
- Dry red chili – 6 to 7 numbers
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 2 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili powder (Home made kuzhambhu milagai thool (curry chili powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 6 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
1. Heat your pan. Add oil to it. Add onion, crushed garlic and dry red chili to it. Saute them.
2. Add chicken and stir it, until it changes its color.
3. Add powdered pepper, powdered cumin,chili powder,turmeric powder and salt.
5. Fry it until, the chicken starts to leave its own juice.
6. Now add water to it. Close the vessel with a lid. Let the chicken cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until it becomes soft and well cooked. If chicken cooks in simmer flame, it cooks well. But note that, chicken should not be over cooked.
7. Let the chicken cook, until oil separates.
Kozhikari Vadhakal is ready to be served. You can cook in the pressure cooker also. It will get cooked within few minutes (3 to 4 whistle in medium flame. Open after 5 to 10 minutes) and your chicken will be so tender and juicy.