- Prawn – 500 gm (shell removed, deveined and cleaned)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 4 teaspoon
- chili powder (Home made kuzhambhu milagai thool (curry chili powder) – As per your requirement
- Turmeric power – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Coriander leaves – 150 gm
- Curry leaves (karuvepilai) – 3 sprigs (optional)
- Onion – 1 (cut roughly)
- Tomato – 1 (cut roughly)
- Green chilies – 4 numbers (equal to 2 Indian green chilies)
- Garlic – 6 pods
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Tamarind – 1 small marble size
1. Heat your pan. Add 3 tablespoon of oil. After oil gets heated, add Onions, Green chilies, Ginger, Garlic, Tamarind and Curry leaves
2. After you saute all these items, add Tomatoes and 5 minutes later Coriander leaves.
3. Saute them and add 1/4 cup water to it. Close the pan with lid. Let them cook until it becomes soft and no water remains.
4. Keep it aside to cool. Then grind it to fine paste. Add salt while grinding it.
5. Heat a pan and add 6 to 7 tablespoon of oil. After oil get heated, add chopped Onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add Ginger Garlic paste. Saute well.
6. Add chopped Tomatoes, Salt, Chili powder, Turmeric powder. Be careful in adding salt. we already added salt in Coriander paste also.
7. Its time to add Prawns. Wait until Prawns get cooked. It may take 6 to 7 minutes. Prawns will cook very faster. Over cooking of Prawns, make them rubbery in texture.
8. After your Prawn get cooked add coriander paste.
9. Check for salt, spice and if you think the masala looks dry add little more oil. I need little bit salt and spice so I added salt and chili powder here.
10. Let the masala cook for 5 to 7 minutes. The prawns will not cook anymore after adding coriander paste because, the paste contains tamarind. It will not allow prawns to cook anymore.
Our coriander prawn is ready. This goes well with White rice, Idly, Dosa and even for Chapati too. you can try with boneless chicken too. Vegetarians can try with Mushroom, Mock mutton, Mock chicken also. This recipe is my innovation. My family loves this Coriander Prawn much.Cook this dish for your lovable family also and enjoy well 🙂