I am very glad to post my first dessert recipe. That too I am posting my favourite recipe Parupu Payasam. one of my friend Poongodi gave this recipe. I tried and it came very well. Thank you Poongodi 😊. This is very easy to cook. Try and enjoy it with your family.😍🖒
- Moong dhall (pasi parupu) – 1/2 cup
- Channa dhall (kadalai parupu) – 1 tablespoon (soak for atleast 10 minutes before cooking)
- Jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 1/2 spoon
- Cashew – 12 to 13 pieces (cut into small pieces)
- Raisins – 10 to 12 pieces
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups (for cooking dhall only)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee in pressure cooker and roast moong dhall. You will smell a nice aroma of it. This aroma will give nice flavor to this dessert. Fry until it becomes light reddish color. Do not over roast it.
2. Add water, milk and soaked channa dhall to roasted moong dhall. If you want creamy texture you can cook your dhall in full fat milk without adding water.
3. Pressure cook the dhall mixture until mashing consistency.
4. Mash your cooked dhall with your ladle and add 2 cups of water. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
5. Add Jaggery and cardamom powder. After adding jaggery it becomes watery once again. So let it boil for 1 more minute. Do not boil it for more than 2 minutes. Because dhall will get thicken when it cools down. After adding jaggery, dhall will not cook anymore.
6. 1 minute later add grated coconut.
7. In another stove fry cashews and raisins in ghee. I don’t like raisins in any dessert.So I did not add here.
8. When it get roasted to golden brown colour add it to the payasam and switch off your stove (payasam).
9. Our lovely aromatic parupu payasam is ready to serve. Enjoy your delicious dessert. You can have this payasam after any traditional meal.
Try my recipe and post your valuable comments. Thank you 🙂