- Basmati rice – 225 gm ( 1 1/2 cup )
- French beans – 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1/2 cup chopped
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup chopped (what ever colour you like)
- Green peas (half cooked) – 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped – 1 number (small in size)
- Green chillies – 2 – 3 numbers (grind into paste, depends upon how spicy you eat)
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tea spoon (as per your wish)
- Ajinimotto – 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 2 to 3 tea spoons
- First cook your Basmati rice. Your rice have to be just cooked and should not be fully cooked. At this stage drain your rice and allow it to cool by spreading it over a plate. pour 1 spoon of oil over the cooked rice. So the rice will not stick to each other. Now keep your rice aside and start cooking your dish as follows. Heat a wide mouthed vessel or pan. Heat 4 to 5 spoons of cooking oil. Add French beans and Carrot. Saute them for 2 minutes. The vegetables should be crunchy in this rice and should not be soggy. So do not cook any veggies more than 2 minutes.If you want you can add more or less veggies as you like.
2. After two minutes add Green peas and two minutes later Capsicum. Now stir fry them.
3. Let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add salt, ajinomotto, green chilli paste, pepper powder.stir fry it for 2 more minutes.Spicy lovers can add green chilli paste. It is only optional. I love spicy fried rice so I added green chilli paste. If you want less spicy, you can just add one or two slit chillies or you can omit it and add some pepper powder. We need to add salt only for vegetables. Because we already added salt in the rice while cooking.
4. Now at this stage add your cooked Basmati rice. Mix with the vegetables. Care should be taken that the rice should not break while mixing.
5. After 2 minutes add onions and mix well with the rice. We want our onion also to be crunchy so no need to saute onions at first. Let them cook for 1 more minute. Now add our flavorful ghee to the rice and mix it.
6. Now our spicy Vegetable Fried Rice is ready to serve and eat.Enjoy it, with your lovable family.